[plug] Re: URGENT COOPERATION - proposal

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Wed May 29 13:52:16 WST 2002

On Wednesday 29 May 2002 08:38, Sanni Kumani wrote:
> At the end of last quarter after all expenditures, the Bank had
> excess ballance of US$6.19M Dollars which is only knowned to me
> and some other collegue in the commitee .

Surely there must be better ways of making a living than lying, cheating, and
risking a bullet in your back every hour of the day and night? Something that
will build up Nigeria, rather than bleeding it and destroying its reputation?

Here's my proposal: disappear. Emigrate and become an honest consultant like
me. My wages are `only' $AUD120.00 per hour (several months' average wages in
Nigeria, every hour), but they are earned honestly and people only pay them
to me when I've done a good thing. If you've got half a brain, you could be
earning at that rate, legally and safely, within a year.

The kind of computer software I work with is Open Source, meaning that when
Nigerians use it, they have all of the pieces necessary to change it or fix
it for their own needs. They aren't sending money overseas to make rich
people richer, and they aren't trapped into ruinous licencing agreements.
Presuming on the availability of electricity and a computer, anyone can use
Open Source, legally, to learn exportable computer skills and to manage what
few resources Nigerians still have left to them.

Australians *dump* suitable computers, by the hundreds of thousands, every
year. Why not send some of them to Nigeria instead, where they can be useful?

You could be an important part of bringing this reformation to your own
country.

Cheers; Leon