[plug] cdr software

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Wed May 29 20:06:03 WST 2002

> I have a cd that is mission critical to a client, whom has purchased from
> manufacturer. The problem being program is irreplaceable, client needs a
> copy, but when trying to duplicate via xcdroast program refuses to read
> track. So cannot copy, anybody have solution seems to be same scenario as
> a game cd.

Hmm. You could always try coping the _files_ and building a new ISO.
Should work but it depends on the app. I expect the CD is invalid for
reasons of "copy protection" - perhaps persuading your CDROM to skip
unreadable sectors might do the trick if you can find out how. Some kind
of "raw" mode?

--
Craig Ringer
	-- if it ain't broke, add features 'till it is.