[plug] Linux Certification

Harry McNally harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Fri May 31 09:32:16 WST 2002

PLUGers

The discussion about professional Linux status has spawned meetings and a
mailing list and is progressing well but I thought this might be of interest to
the wider PLUG list.

Glen spoke (last night) of certification for Linux profeesionals and this was an
area which is my main interest in these discussions. I thought there must be
this sort of training and testing in place already that can be applied to local
certification.

The Linux Professional Institute:

http://www.lpi.org/

has been sponsored by some majors and may be the solution to providing
certification. If you check the international contacts here:

http://www.lpi.org/a-i-contacts.html

you'll find that the LPI International Committee Chairman is Greg Wright in
Sydney. He also maintains the LPI mailing list for Australia. There is a
comprehensive FAQ too:

http://www.lpi.org/faq.html

If you are working as a Linux professional and interested in certification
please join the oss-pro list and offer some comment.

All the best
Harry McNally