[plug] Remote machines

Leon Blackwell leon at lostrealm.com
Fri May 31 11:02:19 WST 2002

On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 07:06:52PM +0800, Cameron Patrick wrote:
> I have not been able to set up FTP (for uploading web pages) in a
> similar manner.
>
> The first thing I tried was SFTP, which it appears their server doesn't
> support:

Have you tried scp?  In cases where sftp isn't enabled (you should ask
your isp about enabling it -- it's very useful), scp is a reasonable
alternative.

My brain hasn't completely woken up yet today, so I'm not sure if not
having a valid shell will stop this working.  Anyone know for sure?

--
 Leon Blackwell                | Millions long for immortality who do
 http://www.lostrealm.com/     | not know what to do with themselves on