[plug] [link] Interesting /. discussion of Ghost replacements

shayne shayne at guild.murdoch.edu.au
Sun Nov 3 09:53:49 WST 2002

Wow. It took em that long to figure out that Knoppix installs.

kpx-hdinstall (from memory).. The easyies install I've ever seen.
Point the sources.list at UWA apt-get update apt-get upgrade.
Bob's yer uncle.
That said, some of Knoppix's tweaks & strong use of unstable dist make
it occcasionally a little flakey (GNOME2 desktop is hosed on my machine
& I don't have the patience to fix it via 56k).
But other than that it finally gave me the excuse to murder Mandrake 8.0
on my machine.