[plug] Grannies Computer

Kai vk6ksj at siwa.com.au
Sun Nov 3 20:50:59 WST 2002

Let me say one thing first off, I am not trying to start a distro war.

I installed Red Hat 8.0 the other day and it's labelled like Windows
XP.... "Web browser, email program, play CD's, multimedia player" etc
etc. I haven't had the chance to play with it for more than about ten
minutes but I'm hoping there's another skin available which gives some
more meaning to the programs so you know what you're looking at !
8 is visually very simple and easy to use, I reckon it'd quite easily
suite the average home user who's still getting the hang of right click
- left click !

Only thing is, even on my AMD K6/2 400 with 327 Megs of RAM it runs a
little slow so I dunno how well it would go on the system you've got
there, but good luck.