[plug] Grannies Computer

John Knight anarchist_tomato at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 5 10:06:45 WST 2002

I'll second Harry there, I was running RH 7.3 on a mate's 133 with 32 meg of
RAM without too much difficulty, it's not so much the distro that you use,
it's about turning off extraneous services (I don't think she'll be running
an Apache webserver any time soon) and using a light window manager. I find
fluxbox quite good, but if ol' granny's gonna havea  hard time of it, maybe
something like fvwm95 or qvwm would be better for her, as they resemble the
windoze 95 look she'd be accustomed to. You can still use GNOME and KDE apps
through another window manager, so you'll have no problems there.

Make lunch, not war.