[plug] Outlook HTML Question

Brad Campbell brad at seme.com.au
Fri Nov 8 12:21:28 WST 2002

Carl Gherardi wrote:

> Hey Brad,
>
> Outlook XP Professional on Win2k
>
> \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Outlook\Options\Mail\
>
> Its either AutoFormatPlainText or Message RTF Format
>
> If you do write something up I'd like to see it - something I've wanted to
> do to users for a while.

Urgh.. this is turning into a major PITA..
Differing versions of outlook on the same machine store the value in different
places. Identical version of outlook on different machines store the value in
different places.

Typical Microsoft uniformity.

In Outlook 2000 and 2002 it's stored as
\Software\Microsoft\Office\X\Outlook\Options\Mail\EditorPreference
Where X is 9.0 for 2000 and 10.0 for 2002.
The Binary value for Plain text and Not word as the editor is 0x00010000

The root could be
HKLM, or HKU\.Default, or HKU\Username

More info as things develop.

Brad