[plug] adsl opinions

Jon Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Wed Nov 13 05:41:09 WST 2002

Currently we are using both adsl (at home (128/384K) and a clients site
(384/1M)) and shdsl for our office (2M/2M).  The equipment being used is
a Cisco 827 for home, Cisco 2621 for office and Cisco 1726 for the
clients site.  This is due to an anticipated load of data that is to be
replicated from client to office and the client goes through our network
for mail, and Internet access.  The home system has been up and running
without any hiccups, all others are still being configured.  From a home
perspective it's been great having the extra speed and no drop outs.  We
are using Amnet as our provider and they use RequestDSL as their
provider plus they have a redundancy path.  We purchased a package with
a service agreement package that our link should be up 99.8% or rebates
are issued.
So it comes down to what you need.  Do some shopping around and check
out prices, because Amnet does not give up the bandwidth without a cost
(this they could do better).

JLM