[plug] adsl opinions

Ben Jensz jensz at wn.com.au
Wed Nov 13 14:34:58 WST 2002

Bret Busby wrote:

>What exactly does that mean, regarding LinuxIT/LinuxWA and Conceptual?
>Is/was Conceptual part of LinuxIT/LinuxWA?

I'm sure he means that they were _reselling_ Conceptual ADSL as
LinuxIT/LinuxWA ADSL, so meaning they aren't Conceptual.

>There was something with Conceptual (I believe that is what used to be
>WASP), where their ADSL appeared to be for Windows only, and only
>capable of serving a single PC connection (could not be connected to a
>gateway PC on a LAN), from the information that I got from them about
>ADSL.

How could you make an ADSL product only work with Windows anyway?  Apart
from possibly using some propriety authentication system whereby the
client only works under Windows?

/ Ben