[plug] adsl opinions

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Thu Nov 14 10:22:43 WST 2002

Andrew Howell wrote:
> I've been using my DSL300 in bridged mode (we don't use PPPoE thank god)
> no problems for months. The only outages I have are when there is a DSL
> outage.

You know what really gets me? I was using our nice Alcatel SpeedTouch at
work in bridged mode (old layer-3 style services) and it was the same -
 >1 year uptime 'till the last few months, then outages but not all that
often. Of course we were paying $500/month in data charges so I decided
it was time to move to the L2TSP ADSL system (PPPoE-based). Whoops.
Since we got connected, its been 4 outages over 4 days (and today's
barely started yet). So this is the new "better" DSL?!? *groan*

--
Craig Ringer
	-- if it ain't broke, add features 'till it is. (or:)