[plug] questions about Mandrake 9.0

shayne at guild.murdoch.edu.au shayne at guild.murdoch.edu.au
Fri Nov 15 15:01:43 WST 2002

Ok Milan,

For serving, I guess it depends what you mean by "serving". I guess, you want
to share files, so you probably need Samba. As for modem sharing, there
should be a wizzardy thing in there to do that.
You can probably lose Mail/Groupware/News unless you are running a 24/7
server with static IP address.(If you didn't ask for one, you probly don't
have one).
Firewalls all good stuff. DNS/NIS completely unneccessary (Unless you run a
bigger network or multiple domain names ra.ra.com.au etc)

Any advice on it all, drop in on the list. Samba can be a bit of a wierdo
to get running sometimes, but mandrake should be pretty straightforward
for modeming/sharing..