[plug] Article: Gates gives $100m to fight HIV, $421m to fight Linux

Jacqueline McNally jacqueline at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Thu Nov 14 17:16:33 WST 2002

Gates gives $100m to fight HIV, $421m to fight Linux
By Thomas C Greene in Washington

http://theregister.co.uk/content/4/28063.html

"Billg's personal $100 million goes to health initiatives over ten years,
while $421 million of Microsoft's money goes, over a mere three years, to
support MS-friendly development and 'educational' initiatives."

Not sure whether to be pleased about Billg's concerns about Linux, or
concerned that the funds are being drawn from more needy causes.

I guess we all make choices, and it's their money.

All the best
Jacqueline McNally
http://mc2.vicnet.net.au/users/zenryaku/

Community Contact, Australia/New Zealand
OpenOffice.org Marketing Project
(www.openoffice.org)

Are you a computer angel? (www.ca.asn.au)