[plug] Re: iinet open day was [adsl opinions]

Chris Caston caston at iinet.net.au
Fri Nov 15 10:47:18 WST 2002

On Fri, 2002-11-15 at 10:28, Colin Muller wrote:
> > > That's possible, too.  Iinet tend to have a problem with admitting the
> > > existence of problems.
> >
> > Not in my experience. They've been very good over the last few days at
> > saying "we're not sure where the problem is yet but there is one" and
> > then explaining clearly and usefully what is going on. Short answer -
> > the wellington st exchange is old, unreliable and crap to the point
> > where repair would require a bulldozer.
>
> Yes, I've had the same sort of response from iiNet: they know the
> number and length of dropouts are not acceptable (I specifically asked
> that, and they said, yes, they agreed). Still, its a pretty persistent
> problem, and one that did not exist before my connection changed from
> transparent bridging to pppoe. Main reason I've been hanging in with
> them is my head hurts when I think of changing my static IP number.
>
> Colin

Why not go along to the iinet open day and tell them what you think.
(;

iiNet 2002 Open Day
===============

Due to the overwhelming response to iiNet's first Open Day,
we have decided hold another one this year!

We will be opening our doors from 12 noon to 7:00pm,
Friday 22nd November 2002.

Seminars will be held on topics ranging from Internet troubleshooting,
marketing and products, to more technical presentations about iiNet's
networks and servers. There is something for everyone!

Experienced guides will take visitors on a tour of the iiNet
premises, so you can see how we run on a day-to-day basis.

Plus all visitors have the chance to win a fantastic door prize,
a Sony DVD player. More spot prizes are on offer during the day!

So where are we located?

The Durack Centre
263 Adelaide Terrace
Perth 6000

Our reception team will be waiting to greet you outside the
Conference Room on the ground floor of the Durack Centre
(opposite the Durack Cafe).

For more information, or to book your seat in one of our great seminars,
please visit:

http://www.iinet.net.au/about/openday/index.html