[plug] adsl opinions

Colin Muller colin at twobluedots.com.au
Fri Nov 15 10:28:10 WST 2002

> > That's possible, too.  Iinet tend to have a problem with admitting the
> > existence of problems.
>
> Not in my experience. They've been very good over the last few days at
> saying "we're not sure where the problem is yet but there is one" and
> then explaining clearly and usefully what is going on. Short answer -
> the wellington st exchange is old, unreliable and crap to the point
> where repair would require a bulldozer.

Yes, I've had the same sort of response from iiNet: they know the
number and length of dropouts are not acceptable (I specifically asked
that, and they said, yes, they agreed). Still, its a pretty persistent
problem, and one that did not exist before my connection changed from
transparent bridging to pppoe. Main reason I've been hanging in with
them is my head hurts when I think of changing my static IP number.

Colin