[plug] Software replacement list

Chris Caston caston at iinet.net.au
Sat Nov 16 00:38:54 WST 2002

On Fri, 2002-11-15 at 17:00, Craig Ringer wrote:

> OK, calming down now.
>
> Yeah, lets just say that an MS Publisher converter would be /really/ nice.

I got some .pub file once for Northern Suburbs Career Options.

I promptly told them that I do not use use MS software on my computer
for security and stability reasons. They sent me the text of the article
back in an e-mail.

I think though that publisher is actually very similar to powerpoint. If
I'm not mistaken I was once able to open up a publisher file in office
XP powerpoint.

So it *may* be possible to someone convert a .pub to a .ppt and open it
in openoffice.org impress. Never tried it though and also unsure of how
I would go about it.

Chris