[plug] starting a linux mag?

Hook hooker at iinet.net.au
Sun Nov 17 10:53:39 WST 2002

I agree with everything you've said John - however, how are we going to
finiance this?  To get taken seriously, mags have to be glossy these days
(unless we try for the newspaper look as someone suggested earlier). High
gloss printing costs real money, and I doubt that plug has much. So, do we
look for a sponsor (or are there any government grants that we could make
use of ?), or try to sell advertising up front (difficult for a startup I
suspect).  Anyone know enough about these things to comment?

The Hooker