[OT] RE: [plug] Open Source and Communism

Chris Caston caston at iinet.net.au
Sun Nov 17 20:51:00 WST 2002

Ayn Rand also believed that everything should be privatised. But if you
look at former Brittish collonies for example where they set up a good
public service with everything from deep sewerage to school systems
those countries are much better off today then they otherwise would have
been.

Or even the old Telecom as much as we liked/like to diss them the job of
getting POTS setup all over Australia (including the enormous lengths
through rural areas) was quite impressive.