[plug] OT: ADSL and telecommunications enquiry

Ben Jensz jensz at wn.com.au
Mon Nov 18 09:56:38 WST 2002

Bret Busby wrote:

>Given the previous discussions about problems with ADSL in this state
>and the Wellington Street exchange needing to be replaced, does anyone
>know anything about the following; where and when the public meetings
>are being held?
>
>It sounds like it could be an opportunity to have the ADSL access in WA
>improved, or, to lobby for it, anyway.

<rant>

Well I think this whole "Estens enquiry" into regional and remote
telecommunications was a bit of a farce.  I mean I live in a major
regional/remote centre and I'm pretty sure he didn't do any "community
consultations" here.

If he did come here, what did he do?  Go have a few beers with the local
branch of the liberal/national party?

</rant>

Okay, I'm over that now. :)

/ Ben