[plug] debian users on ADSL tip

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Tue Nov 19 15:42:43 WST 2002

> Those outages caused by iiNet, or Telstra problems ?

Bit of both according to the people at iiNet I've been dealing with.
Telstra has problems with the exchanges, iiNet is having problems with
its ATM links between Wellington St and QV1, and there may be more going
on. The root of the problem is that nobody actually knows whats wrong
and are stumbling around trying to figure out why the network is going
down all the time. Unfortunately, Subiaco exchange is hurt worse than
most (note that Subi->Wellington St is pure telstra AFAIK) and thats
what we're on.

Shoot 'em all, I say. Well, maybe not but its getting awfully tempting.

Half the problem is that I can't get a good answer out of iiNet as to
what is wrong because neither they or Telstra know. Doesn't change the
fact that today is the first day in 1 1/2 weeks I've had our ADSL
working when I come in in the morning, usually its broken somehow
(timeouts on LCP Auth usually, but sometimes no response to PADI packets!)

--
Craig Ringer
	-- if it ain't broke, add features 'till it is. (or:)