[plug] Linux.Conf.Au Update.

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Thu Nov 21 14:42:54 WST 2002

On Thu, 21 Nov 2002, Harry McNally wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Nov 2002 14:14:46 +0800 (WST) Bret Busby <bret at busby.net> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 21 Nov 2002, James Bromberger wrote:
> >

> > > Hey all,
> <snip>
> > > The titles of most of the submissions are listed against the speaker's
> > > names on http://www.linux.conf.au/speakers.html.
> > >
> > > If you haven't done so yet, sign up for the PLUG Linux.Conf.Au on the
> > > LCA web site.
> >
> > I have been asked whether anyone will be coming, who is associated with
> > the mono (I think that is what it is named) project; the GPL equivalent
> > of .net, and whether such a person would be giving a presentation about
> > the project.
>
> The page James has provided contains:
>
> "
> Rhys Weatherley is a member of the DotGNU Steering
> Committee, and the author of Portable.NET.
> "
>
> I highly recommend reading this page of speakers and presentations.
>
> Harry

The problem is that to find the information, required reading through
what lynx shows as 50 pages of information, as the web page appeared to
not have a simple list of speaker and organisation/topic (as in, one
line per speaker), and I do not know whether lynx has a "Find in this
page" facility.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."
- Deep Thought,
  Chapter 28 of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
- Douglas Adams, 1988