[plug] Linux.Conf.Au Update.

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Thu Nov 21 14:48:43 WST 2002

On Thu, 21 Nov 2002, Bret Busby wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Nov 2002, Harry McNally wrote:

> > <snip>

> > > I have been asked whether anyone will be coming, who is associated with
> > > the mono (I think that is what it is named) project; the GPL equivalent
> > > of .net, and whether such a person would be giving a presentation about
> > > the project.
> >
> > The page James has provided contains:
> >
> > "
> > Rhys Weatherley is a member of the DotGNU Steering
> > Committee, and the author of Portable.NET.
> > "
> >
> > I highly recommend reading this page of speakers and presentations.
> >
> > Harry
> >

> The problem is that to find the information, required reading through
> what lynx shows as 50 pages of information, as the web page appeared to
> not have a simple list of speaker and organisation/topic (as in, one
> line per speaker), and I do not know whether lynx has a "Find in this
> page" facility.

Okay, now, having found that web page, given the speaker's name, the web
page lists the topic of the presentation, but not an abstract.

Are abstracts available, and, are email contact addresses for the
speakers, available (for those who want to contact them, to find whether
they would be interested in giving additional presentations outside the
Linux conference, while they are here)?

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."
- Deep Thought,
  Chapter 28 of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
- Douglas Adams, 1988