PINE - was Re: [plug] Linux.Conf.Au Update.

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Thu Nov 21 17:03:04 WST 2002

On Thu, 21 Nov 2002, Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima wrote:

> On Pine using lynx as you defaul web browser.
> In pine options you can easily set this.  I have my defaul web-browser set to
> /home/tony/bin/WB.  WB is a little sheel script that works out is netscape,
> mozilla, wget or lynx is the "best" option.  and then spawnss that with the
> right args to disply the link.

With using PINE outside XWindows, I understood that a text-based web
browser has to be used; and that it is easy enough to set up the default
browser for Netscape or whatever, but that works for GUI browsers, only
when PINE is run within an xterm session, from my understanding; in
other words, running PINE from a terminal or console session (I
wouldn't mind knowing the correct term for it), from my understanding,
will not open a browser window in a running XWindows session.