[plug] Best distro for laptops?

Sideshow Sol sol at autonomon.net
Fri Nov 22 11:15:59 WST 2002

shayne at guild.murdoch.edu.au wrote:

>Debian. (Ah I probly sound like a stuck record in this-un tho!)
>
>I recently upgraded some laptops from the 'legacy' XP installed on
>them (I love refering to XP as a legacy OS!), using the Knoppix
>hdx-install method, and as usual, it just sorta... worked!

Please excuse my ignorance, but as I am in the process of laptop
hunting, and as I have a Knoppix CD and intend to install Debian; what
exactly is this "hdx-install method" exactly? Is there some way of using
the Knoppix installer to install pure Debian? (a WWW reference is a good
as an answer here.)

Ta very much?

sol