[plug] printing a CD track list

Mike Holland myk at plug.linux.org.au
Fri Nov 22 17:04:48 WST 2002

On Fri, 22 Nov 2002, Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima wrote:

> Install xmcd, it comes witha bunch of command line based tools.

OK, thanks. Done. Binary-only of course, as I lack a Motif license.
 Player works OK, until I try cdda playback and it hangs. Does insist on
registering before it will access cddb.
  The only command-line tool is 'cda', which crashes:

CD audio: cannot open send pipe: No such file or directory
zsh: segmentation fault  cda play

Using strace, we see:
open("/tmp/.cdaudio/send.b00", O_WRONLY) = -1 ENOENT

But it has created the directory, with write permission. Even as root, I
get the same error. It seems to be trying to open it for reading.
WTF does it want a pipe for anyway?

> so you can easily grab the CDDB tracklist into perl and then do what you
> want.

I'd be very happy to print a simple list from th-e command line. There
has to be an easier way than re-typing it all! :-(  I think its time I got
off the computer before I go postal. Its been plotting against me today.

> Sorry I don't have a URL for xmcd handy, it packaged in debian and should be
> easy to find with google.

No problem. A name like 'xmcd' doesnt get too many false hits :-)

--
        The origin of Truth is Doubt - Socrates