[plug] printing a CD track list

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Fri Nov 22 15:33:27 WST 2002

On Fri, 22 Nov 2002, Mike Holland wrote:

> Could anyone tell me an easy way to print a CD track list from CDDB
> please?
>   'grip' and 'gtcd' will list the tracks on screen, but I cant even cut
> and paste it. I found 'disc-cover' which prints nice postscript jewel-cae
> inserts, but ran into a frustrating dependency chase. So I tried the
> online version, which worked OK for some titles, but not mine.
>   Is there a simple tool to read the cdrom, and cddb, to make a printable
> list?

Install xmcd, it comes witha bunch of command line based tools.

so you can easily grab the CDDB tracklist into perl and then do what you
want.  You _could_ stuff the data info a for post it to the website you
mention above and grab the output etc etc.

Sorry I don't have a URL for xmcd handy, it packaged in debian and should be
easy to find with google.

Yours Tony

   Jan 22-25 2003           Linux.Conf.AU            http://linux.conf.au/
		  The Australian Linux Technical Conference!