[plug] printing a CD track list

Mike Holland myk at plug.linux.org.au
Fri Nov 22 17:17:31 WST 2002

On Fri, 22 Nov 2002, Matt Kemner wrote:

> On Fri, 22 Nov 2002, quoth Mike Holland:
>
> > Could anyone tell me an easy way to print a CD track list from CDDB
> > please?
>
> Using the "cd-discid" and "cddb" debian packages I wrote the script:
>
> #!/bin/bash
> id=`cd-discid /dev/scd0`
> tag=`cddbcmd cddb query $id`

I'm having trouble finding 'cddbcmd'. Looks like it used to come with
xmcd, but i'm just running in circles.  Pity. It looks like it was the
tool I was looking for. Maybe its replaced by the crashing 'cda'.
Normally, i'd compile from source. But it uses proprietry motif. I
probably have the pirated libraries somewhere, but they are so old. Would
mean more endless rounds of dependencies.

 Time for a nice hot cup of coffee instead.

--
        The origin of Truth is Doubt - Socrates