[plug] Installing new hardware the 'Debian' way.

Brad Campbell brad at seme.com.au
Wed Nov 27 15:47:07 WST 2002

Trevor Phillips wrote:

> Have you tried "nano"? It's a clone of "pico", the editor used in "pine".
> Simple text editor, which is much easier than vi for text editing (unless you
> have a degree or equivalent industry experience in vi editing).

No, the main thing I *Like* about vi is it is everywhere. It's even a builtin
in busybox (Which I use on all my embeded systems) so I'm determined to get
used to it.

Like everything, I'm finding it a lot easier to get used to as time marches on
and I lose the motor memory from ae, Qedit(for dos) and wordstar.

Actually, vi in combination with gpm(for selecting, copying and pasting text)
is a pretty usable combo.

--
Brad....
                   /"\