[plug] Installing new hardware the 'Debian' way.

Trevor Phillips T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au
Wed Nov 27 15:38:52 WST 2002

On Wednesday 27 November 2002 15:07, Brad Campbell wrote:
> Trevor Phillips wrote:
> > Am I the only one who just runs modconf and uses the ncurses "gui" to add
> > & configure modules under Debian? (Yes, I have manually edited
> > /etc/modules before...)
>
> Well knock me over with a feather, you learn something new every day.

*grin*

> vi is ok, but I still drop back into wordstar mode every now and again,
> which has strange results on the text being edited.

Have you tried "nano"? It's a clone of "pico", the editor used in "pine".
Simple text editor, which is much easier than vi for text editing (unless you
have a degree or equivalent industry experience in vi editing).

: Web Technical Administrator     -          T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :
| IT Services                        -              Murdoch University |