[plug] Best motherboard / chip combo 4 linux?

Daniel cottmain at plug.linux.org.au
Fri Nov 29 21:26:14 WST 2002

Hello Plug,
lest I make a mistake next time I buy a motherboard & chip I thought I'd
ask you all:

The only things I can find on the net seem to be out of date.  I
remember reading reviews on somewhere like Linuxtoday ages ago, but no
more. I know I can look up individual gear on the Mandrake Hardware
Compatability List, and while it's better than nothing it doesn't give
huge detail.

A friend tells me to stick with VIA and I'll be ok ...
and I'm wondering if Serial ATA is worth waiting for ...
(or already compatable)

Can you suggest where I can read some current reviews on motherboards
for Linux?

Thanks,
Daniel.