[plug] BugBear Virus

Ben Jensz jensz at wn.com.au
Wed Oct 2 22:52:03 WST 2002

Ryan wrote:

>As a side note, has anyone seen a default install of Lookout Express 6 SP1
>recently?  The several that I saw installed with a stock standard default
>IEAK config refused access to all attachments that are not images :)
>
>Ryan

Same stuff thats implemented in Outlook 2002 (XP) as well and I think
can be implemented in Outlook 2000 with a "security pack" of some sort.

Definetly an advantage for me at work (Outlook 2002), because anti-virus
updates only update on logon time and I know several users have been
known to leave their computers on without a restart (or logoff / logon)
for up to a week at a time.  And no matter how many times you tell
people not to open attachments from people they don't know, or
attachments from people they do know but weren't expecting.... they will
turn around and do it anyway.

/ Ben