[plug] Mandrake 9.0 add software...

Dave Dartnall darts at dialix.com.au
Mon Oct 7 02:09:21 WST 2002

I've just upgraded to 9.0 and tried to load additional software using
Mandrake Control Center "Install Software".
It calls for " ... insert the medium named "disc 2 Download Edition
Second installation CD (x86) (cdrom 2) on device [/dev/scd0]"
I have 3 discs marked 1, 2 and 3 respectively and the system refuses to
accept any of these... even tho' they're the discs I've just used to
install the 9.0 update.
My cdrom mounts at /dev/cdrom which has a link to cdroms/cdrom0 whereas
/dev/scd0 has a link to scsi/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/cd.
This seems to be the problem - but how should I rectify it?
Any help greatly appreciated.

regards
Dave Dartnall