[plug] educationaLinux 2003 miniconference: Call for Papers

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Fri Oct 11 08:35:14 WST 2002

On Monday 07 October 2002 09:49 am, Grahame Bowland wrote:
> Is this aimed at Linux in {primary,secondary} education or is tertiary
> education part of it?

The whole box and dice, including home-schooling, on-the-job training and
casual learning.

> I'm looking at doing IPv6 natively over UWA's vlan network using linux and
> the 8021q module; is that something worth talking about at it? I already
> have had promising results playing with it, although it's not completely
> working yet.

You might have to fight Trent for a place. (-:

> Another thing I could talk about is Directory Services using Linux and
> OpenLDAP. I've had quite a bit of experience with that at UWA - I was one
> of the main implementors of http://directory.uwa.edu.au, which is openldap,
> mod_python and apache.

Sounds promising. Whip up a brace of precis (say that six times quickly), have
a chat with Trent (mailto:trent at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au) about the IPv6 stuff, and
email the results in. Use your imagination. Go wild! For example, nobody has
proposed a two-speaker presentation yet... if you can work up some decent
interaction that might be interesting to try.

Cheers; Leon