[plug] OO troubles

James Elliott James.Elliott at wn.com.au
Tue Oct 8 16:15:04 WST 2002

Hi Mark

I am also trying to use OOo exclusively and it upsets me when I am really
under pressure to beat a time limit and have to resort to Excel or Word just
to make sure I don't lose it all.

I have a blank Purchase Order which I open, rename, save fill in, send off,
and save again.  Unfortunately OOo fills in every blank line with $0.00
which makes the whole PO hard to read.  I have gone to FORMAT / PAGE / SHEET
and un-ticked the "print zeros" check box, and saved it with this unchecked
.... but every time I bring it up again, the zero's box is checked and the
printout is full of zeros.

I have had problems similar to yours in using a combination of Writer and
Draw to make some attractive pamphlets.  The job can look great at the end
of the sessions, when you save it, but later when you open it up again some
of the fancy formatting may have gone awry.

I also tried saving it as a Word.doc to send to someone else.  When I tested
this by opening it in Word a lot of the fancy formatting was gone or
garbled.  It seems than simple text documents and spreadsheets can be saved
as Word and Excel without detriment, but maybe not complex ones.

James Elliott