[plug] XTerm Defaults...

ryan at is.as.geeky.as ryan at is.as.geeky.as
Tue Oct 15 10:33:12 WST 2002

> Can someone quickly tell me (if they know) how to change the default
scroll
> bar length on an X-Term?? (I know I can use -sl when running it, but I'd
> rather change the default resource, if possible...)

I was going to wait for someone else actually using X at the moment to
respond, but they didn't so I'll have a stab:

From:
http://www-mipl.jpl.nasa.gov/~dnj/GllDemo/Login/UNIX/ws_customization.html
(google)

Setting X Resources - .Xdefaults

A file named .Xdefaults in your home directory can be used to set X
resources, allowing you to change the behavior of X-windows programs. You
can set the colors or fonts of almost any program this way.

For example, the following resources will automatically turn on the
scrollbars for any xterm program, and will set the scroll buffer to be 1000
lines:

XTerm*scrollBar: on
XTerm*saveLines: 1000

Ryan