[plug] Open Office mirror site

Brad Browne brad at mapsolutions.com.au
Wed Oct 16 13:47:28 WST 2002

Bret,

I had the same problem, so I substituted ftp:// for http:// and removed most
of the URL to make it ftp://planetmirror.com/pub/openoffice/ and then
navigated from there.  The link is broken but you can still get to it at
PlanetMirror.  I had some disconnect problems while attempting downloading
it but eventually came good.

This is the first time I have looked at OpenOffice for a while and the most
outstanding thing I have noticed is it will allow me to bring in all my
existing HTML documentation and then save it it to the OpenOffice format and
allow me to save off to Word, HTML and print to PDF (I guess from other
discussions).  This means that I can manage my documentation outputs from a
single source (something I thought I would need FrameMaker or something like
that to do).

Cheers,
Brad