SOHO UPS... (Was Re: [plug] Weird power glitch)

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Thu Oct 17 17:43:13 WST 2002

On Thursday 17 October 2002 05:25 pm, Trevor Phillips wrote:
> Anyway, this leads me to: What would people recommend as a UPS for a
> Small/Home office situation? Perhaps to support 2-3 PCs?

12V PSUs, a truck battery and smart charger. (-:

Replacing the battery costs you about $100 every 2-3 years. A truck battery
runs a PC for a very long time.

For the ultimate along these lines, Paraburdoo's hilltop relay transmitter for
their two-ways (constantly busy) was kept running for over 6 weeks on a pair
of Cat batteries, one charge, after a cyclone deleted the power line from the
hill.

Cheers; Leon