[plug] X-Mas present

bob bob at fots.org.au
Sat Oct 19 12:05:00 WST 2002

In case anyone missed this on slashdot (or the SMH, which is the quoted source).
Ballmer has chucked a wobbly over Xbox mods and a recent court decision
in regard to PS/2s being modded.

  Microsoft chief puts on gloves to defend Xbox
By Nathan Cochrane
October 18 2002

Microsoft would be forced to reconsider selling the Xbox video game
system in Australia, or seek changes to the law, following the acquittal
in July of a Sydney man alleged to have sold chips that modify a Sony
PlayStation 2 to play imported games, Microsoft chief executive Steve
Ballmer said yesterday.

After the launch of a Telstra mobile computing device, Mr Ballmer said
the decision affected Xbox's business model, which relies on subsidising
the hardware console in return for a royalty on every game sold.

<snip>
This story was found at:
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2002/10/18/1034561304223.html
<http://server-au.imrworldwide.com/cgi-bin/count?url=&rnd=1035000132331&cid=au_f2_SMH-Printer&ref=http%3A//www.smh.com.au/articles/2002/10/18/1034561304223.html&sr=sr1024x768:cd24:lgen-US:jen:cky:tz8:ctna:hpna>

Ballmer: "Bob-hoo-hoo, I'm taking my ball and going home."

--
bob
Cave canem...te necet lingendo.