[plug] persuading pump --status to print reserved/custom options?

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Mon Oct 21 15:17:02 WST 2002

> Um what about dhclient instead of pump?  Might save you some coding time.

I had a quick look and while it does appear to understand all the DHCP
options it doesn't seem to be able to output them usefully. I expect
it'd be easier to modify pump quickly to print:

	Option 128: <value>
	Option 210: <value>

etc on the end of a --status call rather than adding reporting
capabilities to dhclient. I have stuff-all C coding experience, so
extending existing code is _much_ more managable (read: possible) for me
than adding new features/capabilities.

Unfortunately pump doesn't even seem to keep track of options it doesn't
understand internally at the moment, so this might not be as quick as I
was hoping. Oh well, I've been putting off learning C for ages...

--
Craig Ringer
	-- if it ain't broke, add features 'till it is. (or:)