[plug] persuading pump --status to print reserved/custom options?

Harry McNally harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Mon Oct 21 15:44:25 WST 2002

On Mon, 21 Oct 2002 15:17:02 +0800 Craig Ringer <craig at postnewspapers.com.au> wrote:

> > Um what about dhclient instead of pump?  Might save you some coding time.
>
> I had a quick look and while it does appear to understand all the DHCP
> options it doesn't seem to be able to output them usefully. I expect
> it'd be easier to modify pump quickly to print:
>
> 	Option 128: <value>
> 	Option 210: <value>

Hi Craig

Is it possible that dhclient saves these custom values in the dhclient.leases file amoungst all the standard values ?  If so, then a grep of the leases file could return your custom values. I don't know .. I've not used dhclient but it could avoid some custom coding.

Harry

--
linux.conf.au 2003		The Australian Linux Technical Conference
http://linux.conf.au/		22-25 January 2003 in Perth, Western Australia

Are you a computer angel?	http://www.ca.asn.au/