[plug] Massive DoS attack?

Mike Holland myk at plug.linux.org.au
Thu Oct 24 15:21:08 WST 2002

On Thu, 24 Oct 2002, Sham Chukoury wrote:

> I dunno if you guys have heard about this, but apparently there was a
> DoS attack on the Net’s ‘Root Domain Servers’ @ 07:00 AEST on Tuesday
> 22/10. I read this on ABC Sci-Tech news and the thread “[plug] Routing
> to spark” came to mind

No, the DNS for plug was fine. This was a routing problem, completely
unrelated to 'root' DNS servers.

BTW, what are all those weird characters doing in your post?
Rhetorical quaestion. Microsoft outlook. :-(
Is it really "iso-8859-1" as the headers claim (and my mailer broken),
or is it Bill's "enhanced" version?

Isnt it nice the way MS improve so much in standards?

--
        The origin of Truth is Doubt - Socrates