[plug] Bill's enhanced standards (Re: [plug] Massive DoS attack?)

Sham Chukoury chukours at sesmailp1.curtin.edu.au
Thu Oct 24 15:53:56 WST 2002

On Thu, 2002-10-24 at 15:21, Mike Holland wrote:
> No, the DNS for plug was fine. This was a routing problem, completely
> unrelated to 'root' DNS servers.

Ah OK then. :)

> BTW, what are all those weird characters doing in your post?
> Rhetorical quaestion. Microsoft outlook. :-(
> Is it really "iso-8859-1" as the headers claim (and my mailer broken),
> or is it Bill's "enhanced" version?
Hmmm... what weird characters? Yes, I did use MS Outlook to post that
message, and yes, maybe it is Bill's "enhanced" version. I'm trying to
switch to Ximian Evolution. *whinge* My Linux box is too small and too
slow for usual work (Pentium 166's used to be cool, some time ago :P) so
I'm stuck with my still-under-warranty WinXP box, with evil things on
it, like MS Outlook and so on. But once the warranty's gone, I'm gonna
gut it and put a shiny Linux installation on there. :)

BTW, I hear a rumour that the WinXP "kernel" (if it can be called that)
has got some Linux kernel code in it and that that may account for its
stability over previous Win9x releases... Anyone got more info on that?

§:)
I must Create a System, or be enslav'd by another Man's;
I will not Reason and Compare; my business is to Create.
		-- William Blake, "Jerusalem"