[plug] A Call for help regarding embedding linux

Michael Hunt michael.j.hunt at usa.net
Fri Oct 25 11:19:58 WST 2002

On Fri, 2002-10-25 at 01:06, Sham Chukoury wrote:

> BTW, how bout throwing in a CD reader of some kind - might make swapping
> MP3's and things easier. Always useful for refreshing the mobile music
> collection. :)
One option I have considered is to add a wireless card to the box so
that when you rock up home you can have it sync with your server and
swap files, do remote managment, impress your friends etc. However all
this call of adding features takes money of course (and my system
wouldn't just stop at audio, what about in car entertainment and
navigation systems ???) I've looked at spending more money on an in car
system than what the car is worth and having just done precisly that in
order to get the car back on the road with some serious engine mods the
finicail controller of the house has restricted further spending from
that account *grin*. Though I keep thinking if I get some sort of
embedded Linux system for my car I can then personalise my plates with
the phrase LinuxBug which could have multiple meaning for me !!!!

(mike talking to himself - Its not going to happen she is never going to
let you spend the money on it ....)

One other point but no one has mentioned ogg as there preffered music
format. Is it just that people have huge MP3 collections and can't be
bothered re ripping them again to MP3 ???

MIchael Hunt