[plug] Bill's enhanced standards (Re: [plug] Massive DoS attack?)

Sham Chukoury CHUKOURS at sesmailp1.curtin.edu.au
Fri Oct 25 12:55:00 WST 2002

> Warranty? What's the warranty got to do with it? I
haven't heard of a
> system warranty that prevents _software_ changes (kinda
makes the system
> useless), not even OS upgrades / additions.
>
> You could always dual boot, its not that bad (depending
on what you want
> to do, of course).

Umm yes. Software changes are kool... But consider this:
- The BIOS is password protected, so I can't find out what
its settings are and I can't change them.
- I don't want to entirely get rid of WinXP - other ppl
still want to use it. There's too much stuff (in a
disorganised fashion) on the HDD right now for me to be
able to re-partition.
- My plan is to have Linux living on a separate HDD,
leaving WinXP happily on its own.
Lesson: Buy a barebones system and build ur own custom PC -
Warranties are kinda crap.

> Anyway I'm sure there'll be a "follow the bloody
standard" checkbox in
> outlook somewhere... though I do hope you update your
virus definitions
> _every_ _single_ _time_ you connect to the 'net, given
that you're using
> outlook.
Yea, I use AVG's antivirus, which gets updated about every
10 days or so... But hey, I got myself a RH Linux 7.3
installation working on VMWare now, with good ole Ximian
Evolution. :P

§:)
(no fortune on this comp - Win2k) :P