[plug] Strange errors

Tim Bowden bowden at iinet.net.au
Fri Oct 25 13:29:21 WST 2002

> Is there any particular, apart from www and ftp you have kept the /var
> partition?
>
> Just that this holds alot of other stuff that could be causing problems.
>
> Are you running DNS on this machine? Named files exsit here, run pid
> files, lock files, spool etc etc. So your problem maybe due to a stale
> lock or pid file.
>
> Hope this helps...
>
> --
> Paul...

Only kept the /var because it stores all the mail and the samba shares
directories.  Just had to make sure I setup the new user accounts with
the same uid.  Perhaps it would just have been simpler to backup the
mail and samba dir's and wipe it.

I'll check the /var/lock/ dir when I get back in to work soon for
anything that doesn't look right.

Tim