Drives. Was - Re: [plug] New box :p)

Brad Campbell brad at seme.com.au
Fri Oct 25 17:13:22 WST 2002

Ben Jensz wrote:

> I was pretty much the same as well, wouldn't have anything to do with
> Seagates.  But I recently bought myself an 80Gb Seagate for my home
> computer because I knew the 45Gb IBM I had would die sooner or later..
> so I got a new hard disk before it did (it died about a month later).  :)
>
> / Ben

How warm were these IBM drives running?
It seems than in a typical PC case, with standard cooling these things
could fry bacon!
With some airflow modifications in the case, I have been able to pull nearly
20 degrees of the drive temp.

I would rather have purchased Quantum drives as I have had a failure rate of
zero in the last 7 years, but now they are Maxtor (Who I would not even spit on).
I figured IBM were the next best thing.
Plus, IBM still lists warranty at 3 years, where the others have dropped to 1.

--
Brad....
                   /"\