Mac's - Was - Bill's enhanced standards (Re: [plug] MassiveDoSattack?)

Brad Campbell brad at seme.com.au
Mon Oct 28 13:16:16 WST 2002

proXy wrote:

> On Sun, 2002-10-27 at 16:58, Brad Campbell wrote:
> > proXy wrote:
> >
> > > If you want to see slow, ask to play with my Quadra 700 (a mac with a
> > > 68040, 40bogomips) running debian, if I can ever work out what's
> > > preventing it from turning on (dodgy powersupply I suspect).
> > > --X
> >
> > Bloody luxury.. You want to see it on my IIsi. 68020 with Co-pro.
> > About 4 bogomips.
> > Again running Debian.
>
> Dammit, I don't have a IIsi. And if I did, it wouldn't have a
> co-processor, I'm not enough of a mac geek to try and mod it.

Mine came with it, in fact both of them did. It is a Nubus card that
was supplied ex-factory. Both of mine were minicad workstations in a
former life.
In fact I've got 2xIIsi, Centris 650, 2x7300 Powermacs all running linux.
Linux in 4 meg of ram on a 20Mhz 68020 playing xdigger is an interesting
experience :p)
But I *CAN* do it. Just because OK.

--
Brad....