[plug] Windows Problems

I am the LinuxAlien linuxalien at optusnet.com.au
Tue Oct 29 15:46:39 WST 2002

Ok, I forgot to mention my swap partition and all as that was fine. I'm
guessing that the windows boot menu will be in the boot partition it
created where my old linux boot partition was. So in lilo i boot linux off
/boot being on my / partition and windows off hda1 (the windows boot
partition)?
as I copyed the boot partition to the /boot mount point on my root
partition i should just be able to run lilo?
Thanks
Tim
At 11:02 29/10/2002 +0800, you wrote:
>I am the LinuxAlien wrote:
> >
> > I now need to work out a way to dual boot it. I have done this before
> with W2k and Linux (Debian) but I installed w2k
> > first. This wasn't an option this time.
>
>Use you Debian root disk and boot with
>rescue root=/dev/hda3
>
>This will bring up the system. You will have to reconstruct /boot from
>somewhere
>and just run lilo.
>Actually, I don't use a /boot dir, all my kernels are in /usr/src/kernel.
>
>--
>Brad....
>                    /"\
>Save the Forests   \ /     ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN
>Burn a Greenie.     X      AGAINST HTML MAIL
>                    / \

LinuxAlien

Riverton, Perth, WA

Australian Linux Technical Conference, Perth 2003 http://linux.conf.au -