[plug] Windows Problems

Mike Holland myk at plug.linux.org.au
Wed Oct 30 14:02:02 WST 2002

On Tue, 29 Oct 2002, I am the LinuxAlien wrote:

> guessing that the windows boot menu will be in the boot partition it
> created where my old linux boot partition was. So in lilo i boot linux off
> /boot being on my / partition and windows off hda1 (the windows boot
> partition)?
> as I copyed the boot partition to the /boot mount point on my root
> partition i should just be able to run lilo?

The big question is, Did you need a boot partition? Does your PC have the
limit where it cant boot the kernel (or ntldr) past the 1024 cylinder
limit? If so, you probably cant put /boot in the root partiton. But lets
see your partition table first. (Which are inside the 1024 limit?)

Note that Linux and NT can share a boot partition. Easiest if its FAT
format. If one needs it, both probably need to use it.

See also MultiOS-HOWTO, Multiboot-with-LILO mini-howto,

--
        The origin of Truth is Doubt - Socrates