[plug] Annoying Mozilla profile "lock"

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Thu Oct 31 08:42:53 WST 2002

> I'm guessing the above is supposed to be in the
> check_running() function... and they are identical
> AFAICT.

Whoops. In that case p'haps the debian mods are in the main mozilla
code. Sorry, I'm not sure beyond the fact that the copy of mozilla for
debian is modified to detect a running moz process and remote-operate it
instead of starting a new instance of mozilla.

> In my case, it was because potato didn't/doesn't have
> Gnome 1.4, Mozilla 1.0, Gnucash, Gimp 1.2... and as I
> already mentioned, I can't really upgrade to woody on
> this machine just yet.

Makes sense... though I don't get the woody upgrade issues. Whatever,
not my problem.

> I can't say I've ever had problems with the Ximian
> debs... in fact it "looks" and "feels" a lot better
> integrated (interface-wise) than the default Woody
> Gnome install IMHO.

Yeah, so it seems - however they're usually a bastard to uninstall or
upgrade the system with, as several people on plug have found. Still,
anything could be better integrated than the default debian GNOME and
KDE desktops. I'm an IceWM user m'self and once IceWM has xinerama
wupport I'll be _set_.

No need for the fireproofing.

Craig